First Prime Rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

berrya

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 27, 2017
Indiana
I cooked my first prime rib today and it turned out really well. It was as close to melt in your mouth as possible. I coated/seasoned with Worcheshire Sauce, CGP, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder I started at 4:00 PM @ 225 in my UDS with Kingsford Blue and Hickory wood chunks. The temp stayed consistently between 225 and 235 degrees. I pulled it off at 9:15 with an IT of 135. I wrapped for 30 minutes and the IT went up to 138. My wife likes her meat well done, so she won't be partaking in the "goodness", but I will be sharing with my father-in-law and parents... The cut pieces are the slices I will be keeping for myself. Suggestions on how to eat leftovers
image_123923953.JPG
image_123923953 (1).JPG

Looks really good to me. Nice Job.

Point for sure.
Chris

p.s. eat the leftover slices with your mouth. :rolleyes:

Looks awesome! LIKE SWMBO is the same way, so I cut her slice and heat in the au jus pot until done to her liking. Rib roasts vac seal and freeze well. I'd eat half and tuck the other half away for later.

Just a quick pan sear to reheat and "overcook". I do like to add more spices when I reheat them that way, or my favorite is a horseradish crust. Point!

Looks really good to me. Nice Job.

Point for sure.
Chris

p.s. eat the leftover slices with your mouth. :rolleyes:

Thank you GMC and I love the advice for leftovers. I tried that method tonight!!!!

Looks awesome! LIKE SWMBO is the same way, so I cut her slice and heat in the au jus pot until done to her liking. Rib roasts vac seal and freeze well. I'd eat half and tuck the other half away for later.

Thank you for the advice. Do you reheat in warm water after vacuum sealing?

Just a quick pan sear to reheat and "overcook". I do like to add more spices when I reheat them that way, or my favorite is a horseradish crust. Point!

I thought about putting some horseradish on this one, but decided not too.

Just the way I like them, still screaming. A little too rare for my wife but it's seems most women I know like them cooked a little more. Looks great.

some ground horseradish and Au-jus on the side and you have beef heaven on a plate! I wanna make a prime rib as well, but my wife isn't a fan. I will have to plan a dinner party for some friends who it and make her some chicken.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky