• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Pork Picnic in Mini

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Good start!

Al

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Should be tasty. What happened your fire. Lump burns faster than KBB, so you may need to add more fuel part way through. If you do have some prelit and going. Pull the pot dump your ash, refill and replace the pot. You'll be amazed how little heat loss you'll have in the pot.

garvinque

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 23, 2015
Thanks' for the Que info, hoping to put a few hours on it. The weather doesn't look good for a complete cook outdoors.

Last edited:

garvinque

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 23, 2015
So the load of lump and wood lasted 5.5 hrs before I added some more KBB about 8 not fully lit and dump on the existing lump.

Here's a few more pics from this cook all the way to wrapping in foil.

The Mini cruised between 250 to 260 for that 5.5 hrs, the next cook in it I will use some Kingsford Professional.

Haven't had any yet, pulled and put in freezer for next weekend's NFL fantasy draft.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.