First No Wrap Ribs (baby backs) going on in a couple hours...nervous

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice looking ribs. I know, I keep messing with both wrapped and unwrapped. If time permits I prefer to not wrap but when I'm in a pinch for time, wrapping works as well. Sometimes there's not a wrong. Great cook - congrats. I'm hungry :)

Reactions: sandyut
I threw some ribs on about 3 hours ago, mustard, dry rub, and brown sugar.

No idea how they'll turn out since I changed plans from 321 to no wrap two hours in.

Yours look delicious.

Very nice sandyut. :emoji_thumbsup:No wrap,membrane on here for 30 yrs.

SU, Fine looking ribs, I'm still a wrapper(yesterday) but these posts are getting me closer to the "dark side "! :)
upload_2019-8-4_17-57-46.png

SU I would have swore I typed a reply yesterday.They look great I have done some like that and I foil sometimes still.Points
Richie

I just did mine yesterday and they came out moist and tender. However I did not like the spice rub that I put on it recipe calls for too much cummin and other spices. Just have to keep it simple I guess salt pepper paprika should do it

Hey sandyut sandyut Those are awesome looking ribs!! You have now convinced me to give the no wrap a try!! I have one rack of spares left in the freezer...they are coming out for a Thursday cook and its going to be no wrap all the way!!
You have inspired me sir!!

Of course if I fail it all your fault...LOL

Baha you wont fail.

I did spritz with an apple juice bourbon mix I had left from a previous cook. the bark and a nice crunch to it with the sugars from the spritz and rub. couldn't taste the bourbon...except the stuff in my glass.

But yeah I am done wrapping. The wife was not a rib fan...till this cook. which will help the marriage because I love ribs.

Reactions: NU2SMOKE and drdon
Outstanding rib cook! This reminds me... Im due for a batch of ribs myself. Ill give "no foil" a try. That's funny, because I just did a "no-foil" Butt that turned out fantastic. Of course, why not ribs?

I just did mine yesterday and they came out moist and tender. However I did not like the spice rub that I put on it recipe calls for too much cummin and other spices. Just have to keep it simple I guess salt pepper paprika should do it

My go to rubs for pork are more sugar based. Jeffs rub is very good. I also purchased a couple I liked as well.

Beef I definitely like the more salt based.

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
OK now I have to try the no wrap method. Those are some awesome looking ribs!!!
I am a fan of "Killer Hogs" rub for Baby backs!

Well sandyut sandyut Im going fully naked tomorrow!! I got the ribs prepped and ready. This is in tribute to those you did....I got inspired!!

I will be posting pics tomorrow!!

Also going to throw on a pork shoulder for some pulled pork sliders for football night!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky