• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First naked fatty

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 12, 2013
Decided to attempt a naked fatty...the wife made me do it. I'm glad I did because I think it came out great. Will definitely be doing this again... I started out with some 2lbs or so of 80/20 ground beef. It was quite an adventure getting it rolled out. Evenly at least. Lol. But I got it handled. For the internals, I put some fresh diced jalapeños, onions, and mushrooms, with some Colby jack and pepper jack cheese.

Would've had more pics but I forgot to back up my phone,dohh!! And these are the only two survivors that I found on my cloud. I guess some view is better than no view right!??! Lol. Hope y'all enjoy. I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Nice job....
that looks delicious......

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 12, 2013
Thanks Jo. I rubbed this down with my brisket rub and hit it with cherry wood. And a couple chunks of mesquite.

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 12, 2013
Don't really cook by time. I took this one to 165 IT if I remember correctly. I ran my smoker at 250*. As with most of my beef always cherry wood with a bit o mesquite. Cherry wood on beef is always my go to. Gives a nice color. And a great taste. Backed with mesquite is just awesome to me personally.

chuckles

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 27, 2013
Thanks. That sounds great. The internals sound delish as is but I may add some diced tators to the mix when I try.

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 12, 2013
Thanks. That sounds great. The internals sound delish as is but I may add some diced tators to the mix when I try.
That'll definitely work. I was thinking about it but the wife said I was "getting too crazy"...lol.

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 12, 2013
Decided to attempt a naked fatty...the wife made me do it. I'm glad I did because I think it came out great. Will definitely be doing this again... I started out with some 2lbs or so of 80/20 ground beef. It was quite an adventure getting it rolled out. Evenly at least. Lol. But I got it handled. For the internals, I put some fresh diced jalapeños, onions, and mushrooms, with some Colby jack and pepper jack cheese.
Would've had more pics but I forgot to back up my phone,dohh!! And these are the only two survivors that I found on my cloud. I guess some view is better than no view right!??! Lol. Hope y'all enjoy. I did. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can see where I had a couple tiny cheesy blowouts but pretty good for a first try I must say.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.