First meatloaf in smoker, just a few prep pics...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lisa, the beans came out great, I did a variation between you and Dutch.

Used chili sauce instead of ketchup
used huge chop size onions and peppers, and a lot of them
cooked bacon well then crumbled and added
opened smoker and stirred beans every 1/2 hour to bring the bottom to the top, to smoke all them beanies
went 2.5 hours at 230*

Fantastic! Stay upwind please.

LOL
icon_redface.gif

I am glad your beans came out great!!

Another thought....why is it I am will to smoke meats ( or even BBQ or whatever) anytime of the day (or night) and cant wait to get into it, will actually think about it all day waiting to get home, but stick me in the kitchen making dinner and it is such a drag?
icon_rolleyes.gif

It is a sickness! Pyromainia! I knew that when you said that you had a plasma rig and weren't afraid to use it! It is a good thing that your brothers are cops and not full time fire fighters!

Nah, I don't know what the deal is for sure, but it can be soothing and exciting at the same time. All of the prep, cost, planning and such could be a major stress, but the smoke gets to us just like we were bees in a hive being smoked into a lull. And then there is the ego factor. Oh yes, everyone here gets the big head. Chest puff, grins get wider, the little John Wayne swagger in their walk. I have seen it! (In the mirror too I admit)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky