First meat loaf.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
Wanted to try a meat loaf in the mini.

Cant use eggs as a binder so I used a pan with holes.

My little 1 lb'er

The mini in her winter gear.

Took about 1 hour at 350 to get IT of 165.

With waffle fries.  I love them.

This was my first helping.

Thanks for looking.

Ketchup came after the pics. Thought I was the only one that used it on meatloaf.

Thanks B.

Looks great to me?

But?

The cold sandwiches are my favorite!

You will eat well!

Good luck and good smoking.

Sammies for lunch tomorrow.

Thanks Merv.

Last edited:
Looks great Adam. I don't use egg in our meatloaf as a binder. Quinoa works great and adds a bit more texture. Another option is to use mashed taters. I don't use a pan when going into the smoker. Straight on the grate. If you're really worried about it, shape just like a fatty in Saran first. Heck wrap it in bacon..

Thanks Case, I didn't have a binder so I used a pan. My son is allergic to eggs. Will look into Quinoa.

Not really worried about the shape of it. The bacon sounds good but might be too much like a fattie.

Last edited:
Yea I don't know if they have eggs in them or not.  I will look next time.

I like to put mine in little individual ball servings and put them in a cupcake pan and put that in the smoker or oven...my fav meatloaf is bacon cheeseburger...fabulous...

Yea I don't know if they have eggs in them or not.  I will look next time.
I like to use rolled oats as my binder, and adds a nice taste and texture.

So what is your meatloaf recipe, Obviously I am the only one that uses a bunch of veggies. Mine is Full of juice. I want to try it! Please......

That smoke ring looks like I'd enjoy it!

Last edited:
Great looking meatloaf Adam!  Like Case, I've used mashed potatoes a few times for a binder.  Never tried Foamy's rolled oats, but I'm intrigued...

Nice Job!  
bravo.png

Red

Cooked rice, quinoa, taters, cooked barley, all can be used as binders. I never use eggs in mine.

Kevin I use a bunch of veggies in mine, chopped onion, tomato, bell peppers jalapeños, corn, chopped celery, fresh herbs. Sometimes grated cheese. Sometimes salsa.

You can form your meatloaf like a fatty. Place your meat lump in Saran and twist to form a log. Put in the fridge or if on a big hurry the freezer to set a bit. You can also line your loaf pan with parcent or wax paper or Saran and do the same thing. Pop it out and put it on the grill. It'll loose a little shape but not to bad.

Thanks guys, all kinds of Ideas to try.

I didnt mind using the loaf pan thou.

I will have to ask my wife for the recipe, she made it I cooked it.   Team work.

Thanks Foam, I got the compliment in the post.

Great looking meatloaf Adam!  Like Case, I've used mashed potatoes a few times for a binder.  Never tried Foamy's rolled oats, but I'm intrigued...

Nice Job!  
bravo.png

Red
Thanks Red.

What kind of texture does the mashed taters add?

Great looking meatloaf. I haven't tried one in the smoker yet but it is on the list.

I have used many of the suggestions for binders. Another for you to think about is ground up all bran flakes.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky