First fatty.......of any kind

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bhawkins

Smoke Blower
Original poster

Decided to try a fatty today. Didn't have bacon, and only had deer sausage, also ran out of shredded cheese and had to use sliced. Had problems with the meat nit holding together good when I tried to roll it up and had to start over after squeezing the sausage through my fingers to re-bind it.

here it is rolled......

....Here it is off the grill. I have been using the old Weber 22.5 kettle grill lately. Have gained a new appreciation for it. I used some expanded steel to form a charcoal area off to one side. I had also placed an old metal fan grill on the charcoal grate to create a finer mesh. This morning I drilled a hole into the lid and put the thermo from my off set into it to be able to watch grill temp.I may have let it cook too long though, I tried not to be opening the grill too much so I didn't check it until after two hours. Turned out pretty good for a first time. I also did some eggs. Not bad!! Lot of firsts for me today maybe some more later!!

drool.gif
 yummy for breakfast!

You all are making my healthy diet go out the window.  I can see my arteries clogging just looking at the pictures and imagining the biscuits and gravy!

Sorry about that, not going to get an open shot now, bout gone.I kept it basic this time, just eggs and cheese.I did fix the B&G this morning,and it was good! As for blowing the diet, it was deer meat so that helps that part. Although I must admit I am not just crazy about this deer sausage. I had it give to me by a cousin needing to make room in his freezer for more, and fresher, stuff. I will not complain though seeing as it was free. I don't know how much of it is because of age, who made it(all I know is it was a pro. processor), and the fact it is deer and not pork. The deer burger is fine, then again I can make it into chili or something else that is spiced up and flavored a bit so you really can't tell the diff between it and beef. Would love to get some hind quarters or even shoulder roast, maybe steaks to put on the grill!! Now that is.................
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky