First Fatty: Breakfast Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Beanhall

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 23, 2017
Salina, KS
After seeing several fatties on SMF I decided to make a breakfast fatty. Boy did it turn out wonderful.

1 1/2 lbs. Maple breakfast sausage
1 lb. of bacon
3 slices colby cheese
3 slices cheddar cheese
8 slices of canadian bacon
Scrambled eggs
Grilled onion and peppers (only on half due to kids not liking)
Sprinkle of butt rub

Started smoking at 225° for first hour than bumped to 350° for 2 additional hours. Finishing the fatty with an IT of 160°.

20180519_194228.jpg
20180519_194345.jpg
20180519_194802.jpg
20180519_195556.jpg
20180519_200036.jpg
20180520_093141.jpg
20180520_115632.jpg
20180520_115908.jpg
20180520_120850.jpg
20180520_121046.jpg

Looks great, nice job.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks for the kind words. CharlotteLovesFood you will have to try to do one, they are pretty easy and very tasty.

Nice job on the fattie!
For your first one you sure hit that one out of the park!
And congrats on getting a spin on the carousel!!
Al

I keep seeing fattys everywhere I look I'm dying to try one...looks great but the way! :p
:) They are something that I always include on my BBQ/smoking training courses. They are fun to make and they are very "theatrical" when you are making one that includes chicken - as you batter/flatten it into a sheet with a rolling pin. As you see from Beanhall's wonderful creation they can be very versatile.

:) They are something that I always include on my BBQ/smoking training courses. They are fun to make and they are very "theatrical" when you are making one that includes chicken - as you batter/flatten it into a sheet with a rolling pin. As you see from Beanhall's wonderful creation they can be very versatile.
Do they always include cheese Wade...I love cheese but my OH won't touch it :rolleyes: unless I do two.

Training courses you say...that sounds intriguing...are they online or do you hold classes somewhere?

It is totally up to you what you put inside. Cheese is often used though as it melts and acts as a savoury "glue" inside. The taste and texture of the cheese also compliments the flavour of the meat - much like cheese does on a cheeseburger. You can quite happily leave it out and you could use something like a mild pate or chopped/pureed mushrooms (like around a beef Wellington) or spinach. I have even made one that included a thick onion and herb flavoured white sauce - you don't need much of it...
If you think that you will like a particular flavour combination wrapped in a meat "Swiss Roll" then give it a go.

They don't have to always include cheese. Most do however. Once you make your first one then the gears start rolling on what the next one will be filled with.

Chris

It is totally up to you what you put inside. Cheese is often used though as it melts and acts as a savoury "glue" inside. The taste and texture of the cheese also compliments the flavour of the meat - much like cheese does on a cheeseburger. You can quite happily leave it out and you could use something like a mild pate or chopped/pureed mushrooms (like around a beef Wellington) or spinach. I have even made one that included a thick onion and herb flavoured white sauce - you don't need much of it...
If you think that you will like a particular flavour combination wrapped in a meat "Swiss Roll" then give it a go.

They don't have to always include cheese. Most do however. Once you make your first one then the gears start rolling on what the next one will be filled with.

Chris

Thanks gents! I can't wait to try making one! :D

Damn good looking First Fatty. Looks like your on your way to making some more great ones down the road.
Like-Like-Like

Thanks again everyone, I love the SMF Community so much support. :)

that looks just awesome. And congrates..i hope its alright to post another idea and not take your yummy away.
last month my friend made a fatty, but he put a metal rod thru center and then wrapped string around .. Then he smoked without the bacon wrap for little over an hour with good smoke, Then removed and put the bacon weave on, had to be careful but worked fine....then finished smoking and the meat tasted way different and was very very good.. i am gonna try next fattie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky