first fatty attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Has cheddar cheese in there. A little concerned that I over stuffed it, but too late now. Going to fire up the MES to 275 and throw her in once it gets up. As soon as I put her in I will back the heat down to 240. Hoping for a 2.5 hour smoke to get IT up to 165*.

Anyone have any issues with the plan.

Last edited:
Keep the pics coming...looking good!  
icon14.gif

I am at 160* right now... dinner supposed to be at 730... do I need to let this rest at all.

I never rested mine. Im sure you could as long as you watch your temp on the fatty. It looks great. ENJOY!

I usually let it rest for a few minutes is all. I usually pull them at 150*-155* and put on the grill, under the broiler, or hit it with the torch to crisp the bacon. That usually brings it up past 165*

This was a really good one... not sure how this thread came back up after 4 weeks though.  But I do honestly appreciate the positive remarks.

need an intervention, why oh why do I always overstuff my fattie, expecting a blowout.

is nekkid turkey, sage, oregeno, chedder, mozarella, olives, garlic, onions, artichokes, and sun dried tomatoes

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky