First fattie big mistake???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Phil Chart

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 16, 2017
Green Bay wi
IMG_1453.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1462.JPG
IMG_1453.JPG
i finally made my first fatties today. They rocked my wife loved them and now is thinking of a million ways to make more. We are hooked I made one with sausage (basically Jeffs recipe ) Thanks Jeff. And one out of hamburger with green peppers,onions and provolone. Hopefully I can post the pics
Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the techniques they post

These look great... I would suggest next time to put the drip pan under the grate instead of right under the fattie itself... This will let the bottom side cook better ... and as said above.. they are addicting ... Is that what you meant by it being a mistake ??

Reactions: sdkid
For your first time, you did a fantastic job!
Your bacon weave was perfect & it looked absolutely delicious!
Congrats on making the carousel!
Al

That looks Awesome, Phil !!:)
They just don't get any better.---Like.
Hard to believe that's your first one!!

Bear

Once again thanks everyone for the comments and inputs
Motocrash im not sure where I got that basket from but it comes in handy doing bacon wrapped aspergrass and other things too

Great looking fatties and bacon weaves are looking wonderful. These became a huge hit at home after my wife finally tried them, She was hesitant thinking they would be to greasy.... Wow was she surprised. We have stuffed them with all kinds of stuff, left over Jambalaya was one of the hits. = Like

I'm very new but take your photos as inspiration! New OK Joe Highland owner here and still just rolling over in my cradle (not even crawling!) in my learning curve. Ahh the smoking journey continues.
Thanks for posting. I've shown my beloved wife Penny your pictures and detect a hint of enthusiasm in her response too!
Don.

Good luck Don there's a lot of good info on here. Once you start smoking meat you become addicted. Just ask chartski
Chartski Fallow Jeffs recipe and technique and you will be happy. A few old fashions during the smoke. Life doesn't get better

PC, Those are some fine looking fatties,they look much better than my Packers did this season !:eek:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky