First ever Tri Tip w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow! What an amazing looking plate! I've never done a tri-tip either, but I'll have to make it happen after seeing this.

Thanks man! Hopefully you have better luck finding them in Kansas. Cant find anything in the Knoxville area!

Now that is a great looking TT. I have issues cooking anything like this as my better half wont eat anything cooked medium rare and I refuse to cook it any other way. Oh well.
Do what I do, my daughter is the same way..nothing pink or red. I cook it the way we want and take several slices in a pan and saute in butter till well done. TT is now here favorite meal as well and we all get to eat the same meal.
This is a great idea. I will have to do this. Thanks
Fred
clifish clifish I too have the same problem with my wife, has to be shoe leather...so I will try to get her to try it your suggested way.

John

Great idea on this! Luckily my wife loves beef just like I do the more red the better. But I have in-laws who eat over quite a bit that everything has to be burnt to a crisp done before they will touch it. Always have to cook something different for them if we are doing steaks or roasts or what not. Will try this out next time!

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
That looks amazing! Meat cooked to perfection, the whole meal looks great. We also don't see TT around here, so never had one before either. Did do some checking and found that some CPB is raised in Nebraska our neighbors to the west, not sure if that's the only place or not.

Big like and great job!
Ryan

Thanks Ryan! Yeah man I would highly recommend the CBP. Fun to try new stuff out and taste the differences. Crazy how TT is so regional. Talked to some other members and they can go down to the store all day long and grab them for $3.99lb.

A good PBR would have paired well with that fine looking TT John. Nice job looks like you nailed it.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris. I was fresh out of PBR when I cooked the TT. Glad you said something I need to stock back up!

Looks excellent John! Done just right for my taste and love the perfect char on the outside. I bet that’s not the last one you cook!
that looks delicious John, I could almost feel the juices dripping off my chin!

Jeff and Jim thank you guys! You are correct it def wont be my last. Love cutting into beef and having the juices to run your bread through. Hard to beat!

Great idea on this! Luckily my wife loves beef just like I do the more red the better. But I have in-laws who eat over quite a bit that everything has to be burnt to a crisp done before they will touch it. Always have to cook something different for them if we are doing steaks or roasts or what not. Will try this out next time!
Hey, all the great "steak houses" put butter on before they serve...so the "shoe leather eaters " appreciate that. As all us "real meat" lovers here know that it just not needed for a correctly cooked piece of beef!

Any good cut of meat around here will generally cost you $12 to $20 bucks a pound so tritip at $7.99 is a steal here on the east coast. I am not sure I could get myself to pull the trigger on the Certified Piedmontese at $25++/lb that I see it at....but maybe tasting it will change my mind?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky