First ever Tri Tip w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Do what I do, my daughter is the same way..nothing pink or red. I cook it the way we want and take several slices in a pan and saute in butter till well done. TT is now here favorite meal as well and we all get to eat the same meal.
This is a great idea. I will have to do this. Thanks
Fred

Looks excellent John! Done just right for my taste and love the perfect char on the outside. I bet that’s not the last one you cook!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
OH MY GOD!! Congrats on finally getting to cook a tri tip and congrats on a perfect cook. That looks absolutely amazing my friend. If ever I've seen you post a carousel worthy meal, this is it. That roast is nothing short of spectacular and the sides are the perfect accompaniment. Well done sir and a big LIKE!! That may have just taken the guess work out of what I'm wanting to cook for dinner this evening. That has me drooling :emoji_astonished:

Wow...just wow!!
Robert

Thank you Robert! Wouldn't have happened without you. Another point on that beef. I didn't have to trim one thing off of it and there was not one bite of gristle or chewy fat in it. Wife was amazed! Appreciate the kind words my friend!

Beautiful job on that tritip, looks cooked to perfection John, big Like! My whole life living in CA before moving here tritip was a staple that we'd make about once a week. Now that I'm in AZ I see the tri's in the display case at the market but I don't like the prices. I guess I'll just have to lump it and pay double what I'm used to, but I won't like paying it, it's the principle. RAY

Thanks Ray! And I agree with you on that one. Its not that you cant afford to buy a TT roast but its the principle in what they are charging for something you know should be a lot less! Local store has butts on sale for $.99 lb this week but I hear other guys up north saying they want 3x as much per lb...crazy!

Reactions: sawhorseray
John that looks to die for! Very nice job! It looks perfect!

I have a CPB TT in my freezer waiting for that first nice day of Spring. Why am I torturing myself knowing it’s in there waiting for the proper treatment.

I just licked my phone. Damn doesnt taste like TT. Here’s a quarter for the carousel.

Thanks Joe appreciate it man! Dude you wont be disappointed when you open that roast up. Bet you a SV and quick sear would be damn good too. Thing was so tender and not one ounce of nasty fat on it!

Nice work Vol . I found one a few months ago , and had it for the first time . I agree one the flavor . It's fantastic .
Perfect cook on that for me .

Thanks Chop! I couldn't cook it anymore than medium rare or I would never forgive myself!

Thanks Ray! And I agree with you on that one. Its not that you cant afford to buy a TT roast but its the principle in what they are charging for something you know should be a lot less! Local store has butts on sale for $.99 lb this week but I hear other guys up north saying they want 3x as much per lb...crazy!

LOL---At least 3X 99 cents, up here!!
That's why you don't see much Pulled Pork in my Step by Steps Index!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky