First Ever Offset

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Franklin has brought back the barrel style fireboxes and the way fires are made apparently with no grate on bottom of that box. I have a Shirley reverseflow and love it, but a buddy has a Pits by JJ traditional and loves it. If both of the pits are built to your standards, get the one that you will enjoy looking at and using. They all run a little different and need the same amount of love to get it turned in just right for you. Cant go wrong either way!

As far as wood. Get on craigslist, usually the best place to start for bbq wood. Once you find a place you can easily BUY wood (no matter how much), then you can try to procure your own with a saw till you heart is content :).

Just my thoughts on it

rb
Yeah i agree with the looks and overall quality and performance. Appreciate the feedback on the wood procurement. All feedback is good feedback. Thanks Rus.

Thanks all for the advice so far specially on the wood. I was able to jump on offerup and fb marketplace and have already close to a cord of oak. Hopefully I can get my hands on some pecan soon.

I bought a Stihl MS250 chainsaw and a hydraulic splitter from HF. Definitely worth it specially with the price that the wood can go to.

Not gathering much, just enough to be able to use the smoker by the time it reaches me. Im planning on buying a house soon and don't want to fill the backyard of the rental with stacks of wood lol.

It just so happens I have Pecan for sale... AND ... I'm in the Tampa Bay area... I have it listed on craigslist... but it is also listed here... Give me a shout if your interested ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky