"SALE"... PECAN WOOD "FOR SALE" in Fl. (rearranged stack job)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
I have Pecan Splits , Mini Splits, Oversized Chunks, Chunks, Mini Chunks... Whatever size you want (kinda-sorta)

These will be naturally dried ( not fully dried yet) ... not kiln dried (which suck) ...

Now mind you this will be for local pick up only (unless buyer wants to pay shipping)... It will be by wheelbarrow for splits... and thinking 5 gallon bucket (buyer provided) for mini splits and chunks ...

Now keep in mind that Pecan is a PREMIUM wood and not the easiest to get ahold of here in Central/South Fl.

Splits (with more to be split and stacked yet) for the stick burners ...

IMG_1625.JPG

Mini Splits and Oversize chunks for the mid size - large charcoal/wood fired smokers

IMG_1627.JPG

Mini Chunks will come from these small branches (on the right) that have to be cut yet... These are for the smaller charcoal smokers

IMG_1618.JPG

wanting to get all the splitting done first (rental log splitter).. then I will cut the small chunks ...

I am South of Tampa about 30 minutes (Palmetto Fl. )... PM me for what you are interested in as for pricing ...

So I rearranged/restacked the wood... Put most of it under cover

The partial stack is Hickory
IMG_1640.JPG

I am going to extend the roof so it covers the whole basket... Plus I have more to put in the basket...
IMG_1641.JPG

Had to leave room to park the Tractor under
IMG_1642.JPG

This will fit right in the "parking space"
IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG

The link to my Tractor build is down below in my signature ...

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
Just remember it's not legal to ship unless its been kiln dried, cant transport bugs lol, had a pu truck load of hickory that lasted me about 4-5 years in my little smoker

Just remember it's not legal to ship unless its been kiln dried, cant transport bugs lol, had a pu truck load of hickory that lasted me about 4-5 years in my little smoker

Do you have a source for this regulation? I order flavor wood from Colorado that is about 15% moisture and not kiln dried and they ship UPS. Guava Greg sells Guava, Kiawe, and Lychee wood and ships flat rate boxes via USPS. And I've purchased numerous boxes of flavor woods on eBay, and one time a member on another forum sent me some maple from Maine that was a little green because the box was damp with it arrived.

Reactions: ConrodM
Yea.. I am going to avoid any shipping as much as possible...

This is just a one time sale as the other trees are still producing....

Appreciate the insight ...

Reactions: ConrodM
firewood_pathway_assessment.pdf (usda.gov) heres some info, several states have tighter regs

I just looked on Guava Greg's site and saw this notice:

Mahalo to everyone for your patience as we are working to become compliant with USDA's recent changes in their wood exporting criteria. We are diligently looking at other suppliers who can meet the standards set by the USDA.

If you deliver to California I'll take a half cord. I am joking but reality is pecan is one of the types of wood I like and can't really get except for pricey small quantities.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky