First Dutch oven cheese bread

Discussion in 'Breads' started by deerman13-2, Sep 12, 2013.

1. deerman13-2

deerman13-2 Newbie

My first attempt at bread was a success. I followed the simple recipient and it turned out great.

2. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

DeerMan, afternoon.....   The bread looks really good....  Are you going to share the recipe ??    Type it out if need be....   Links don't go over too well here.....    [​IMG]  .....

3. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good, but please share

4. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great!

Looks very similar to the DO bread And the loaf of death bread I posted here earlier this year. We like to add cheeses and jalapeños or hatch chiles too.

5. woodcutter

woodcutter Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice!

6. deerman13-2

deerman13-2 Newbie

Hey guys I just used the Dutch Oven bread recipe that was posted on the forum already. Really simple. I just added cheese and used bleached flour. 

7. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

8. mdboatbum

mdboatbum Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks great!! No knead bread is a great way to get into bread making for those of us who thought it was some sort of magic reserved for a chosen few. I had just about given up on bread baking a few years back when I found this recipe in the NY Times. Gave it a shot and the success convinced me to keep trying other kinds of bread. I'm still no great baker, but I can make pretty decent bread in various styles these days.
    This recipe and the Amish white bread recipe should be on the front page of every book on baking!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  9. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great job