First Cook on my new to me PK Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks OEJ. It’s a simple design and from my research they last forever. Very hard to find a used one. People collect the old ones.
JR
Rats! Now I really want one. Now that I think about it; I've never seen one for sale, used. I'll keep my eye open for one, though.

Hope to see more posts about yours. Enjoy it Johnny.

looks Good !! Brings back memories. I learned to grill on a PK when I was a kid in Oak Cliff TX.
My Mom had bought one at a garage sale. A little History, the first one was built in 1952, here in Tyler TX. They are now made in Little Rock Arkansas

Gary
Lot of people with memories like yours. From what I can tell PK kind of fell away for years but have now come back with a vengeance the last several years.
I’m looking forward to trying a lot of different things on it.

Thanks,
JR

Rats! Now I really want one. Now that I think about it; I've never seen one for sale, used. I'll keep my eye open for one, though.

Hope to see more posts about yours. Enjoy it Johnny.
I was wanting one pretty bad. Had about given up on it until my buddy messaged me. Used ones don’t last a fartin’ spell so if you see one you better jump quick.
JR

Reactions: one eyed jack
Nice Birds JR!

I’m past the eyeballing stage of a PK grill too but don’t want to spring for one. I always dreamed of coming across one at a yard sale or abandoned on the side of the road.

Enjoy the new grill!

Nice Birds JR!

I’m past the eyeballing stage of a PK grill too but don’t want to spring for one. I always dreamed of coming across one at a yard sale or abandoned on the side of the road.

Enjoy the new grill!
I was the same way and didn't want to drop that much on a grill. Ended up seeing it on Amazon and there was an option to pay in installments over six months with no fees or interest and they ship when you make the first payment. That pushed me over the edge and I got it. Now if mine got stolen or exploded I would buy a replacement ASAP regardless of payments.

Nice Birds JR!

Enjoy the new grill!
Thanks X-ray. I was the same way. I’m not luckily enough to run across one like that. I see people post all the time that they found one at estate sales for 5 to 10 bucks.
JR

I was the same way and didn't want to drop that much on a grill. Ended up seeing it on Amazon and there was an option to pay in installments over six months with no fees or interest and they ship when you make the first payment. That pushed me over the edge and I got it. Now if mine got stolen or exploded I would buy a replacement ASAP regardless of payments.
DMF that was a good way to buy one. I’ve cooked on mine twice now and really like it so far. I’m cooking filets for my 37th anniversary Thursday. If all goes well I’ll post up some picks.
JR

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky