First cook on Camp Chef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tom_T

Original poster
Feb 14, 2021
Central Washington
Camp Chef 24 “ Woodwind showed up Thursday morning after a 6 day weather delay. Put it together that afternoon and did the burn in this morning. Had a little problem with the WiFi but I think it was “input” error.
Loaded it with Apple pellets and fired it up for the first cook. Chicken wings with a CK Rub. Cooked them at 225 for an hour and a half and then transferred them to the Weber for a 500 degree direct grilling for 3 minutes a side. They came out good, had a nice sweet Smokey flavor with a little bite from the rub.
For my first cook on a pellet grill I was happy. 😎
47EC71D5-F0A5-4238-9014-2235337647A5.jpeg C5471A5F-1EB6-4AAC-9CC6-0083842DA39A.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky