First Cold smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave from mesa

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 8, 2009
Mesa, az
Well decided to give cold smoking bacon a try.

Did Pop's brine, let it rest out of brine in refer 6 days, smoked it with Hickory for 12 hr over 2 days.

All in all it came out pretty good. A touch too salty, didn't notice it on the test fry, but fixable. Decided to throw a couple of small blocks of cheese to try that also.

Got the other 2/3 rd doing it's thing right now

1/3 is in a diff, as in less salt, pop's bring and 1/3 cut in half with Bear's dry rub with brown sugar and one with maple sugar.

Got to get my butt in gear as we are running out of cool weather to do this.

thanks

Last edited:

This is what I want to do with my new electric smoker. Now I'm excited. Looks perfect, man!
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm sure the next batch will be better.

stealthchef

I didn't use any elect on this smoke just used it as a container, but it works great for this. Used a mailbox mod with my amnp's.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky