First cold smoke of cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sholzman

Original poster
Sep 12, 2018
20181114_082921.jpg

My first attempt at cold smoking cheese . Parm , mild cheddar , sharp chedder , pepper jack , havarti jalapeno . Using hickory chips.

Reactions: gmc2003
Interested to find out how the parm turned out. I like Parmesan cheese just never to remember pick it up when smoking cheese.

Point for sure.
Chris

20181114_123907.jpg
this is the finish product with 3hrs cold smoking . Wrapping them in vacuseal bags and placing them in the fridge for a week .will let you know how it turns out.

3hrs was to long way to much smoke it's all I tasted I think 1 to 1.5 hrs would be fine

As a newbie to cheese smoking I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around sonetsome . Everybody here says a couple of hours only or the cheese is acrid tasting. However everyone local to nm smokes their cheese for upwards of 10hrs. They also don't seem to have issue eating right away...

3hrs was to long way to much smoke it's all I tasted I think 1 to 1.5 hrs would be fine

Hickory is pretty strong as far as cheese smoking but ziplock it and put it in the fridge for about 2 weeks and try it

I wouldn't have a smoker at 80f to smoke cheese. That's when it can start to melt on you..

I tend between 3-6 hours on apple or another fruit wood and vaccum seal away for a minimum of 2 weeks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky