First chuck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

THutson67

Original poster
Dec 5, 2020
Indiana
Tried chuck for the first time, each about 1.5 lbs. I just used some Excalibur steak and roast rub. Smoked around 200 for a couple hours, then bumped to 225. I wrapped in foil at 160 IT and took them to 208. Planned on supper, these were done at 1 pm (started 7 am, I had no clue on time.) I kept same foil on and added another layer, set in a towel in a cooler for the next 3 hours, still hot! Sliced pretty nicely, decently tender and juicy. Pit Boss 700 Classic, I'm liking it a lot!
20201210_174624.jpg

Looks good. Chuck's are becoming one of my favorites to smoke. They can to be all over the place sometimes for cooking times. I usually will allot 6-8 hours for them to get done with a good rest. I've been doing 2 at a time lately with plenty of leftovers for breakfast, chili and stews. My only issue with them is that they seem to be getting more popular and their prices are going up. At least in my area they seem to be.

Sounds about right time-wise for 1.5 lb chucks. Looks like it might pull pretty easily. I really like pulled chuckies.
I might have try pulling it next time, sounds like it'd be great. I would definitely like to find a thicker piece of meat though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky