First cheese smoke w/ pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captainjosh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 1, 2016
Eastern Shore of MD
I bought about 8 blocks last week to try smoking cheese for the first time. Smoked for about 3.5 hrs with apple chips and pellets in my MES 30, using my Masterbuilt external smoke generator set-up. I cycled the heat on every so often and stayed between about 40-60 degrees, ambient temp was 30. Vacuum sealed everything, I will check on the first piece in about a month. I did some Cabot Vermont Extra Sharp, Seriously Sharp, Store brands: mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, pepper jack, and Gouda.

Attachments

• BAE55F98-E9C8-4556-94C5-CF85B1C4B391.jpeg
    BAE55F98-E9C8-4556-94C5-CF85B1C4B391.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 42
captain,
Looks great. Don't be in a hurry to taste it. Let it mello out.
Thanks! I plan on letting it mellow for a month, from what I read, appreciate your input! I’ve got some fresh hocks and BBB that will be out of the cure next week, so that’ll keep me occupied.

Cabot cheese is my favorite(although I might be bias). Your's is looking good.

Chris

Reactions: idahopz
Burlington same time period. Things have changed in both cities for the worse in my opinion.
Captain sorry about the highjack.
Chris.

Great looking cheese!! Hardest part of smoking cheese is the waiting period to eat it!! lol
Also...keep an eye out for horseradish cheddar, when it's smoked it is absolutely amazing!!!

Reactions: captainjosh
Great looking cheese!! Hardest part of smoking cheese is the waiting period to eat it!! lol
Also...keep an eye out for horseradish cheddar, when it's smoked it is absolutely amazing!!!
Thanks sauced! Horseradish sounds awesome, I might look for some tonight.

7A65B9F9-53BA-41C0-9FAE-641CE9945EC5.jpeg
I found it after work, one chunk already didn’t make it to the smoker, thanks for the tip sauced!

If your into pepper Jack, then you should also try their Habanero cheese. I agree the horseradish is fantastic.

Chris

Reactions: sauced
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky