• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First cheese of 2017

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That's a nice looking batch of cheese!

It's got great color!

Al

flipman77

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 17, 2013
Thank you. The store was out of the habanero jalapeño, and cheddar bacon or they'd be in there as well. That cheddar bacon tastes amazing smoked.

flipman77

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 17, 2013
yes sir, I put it right in the bottom left side of the smoker.. not on a rack

bena

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 4, 2016
Looks Great!.. that will be gone fast at Super Bowl party...better make some more.

papa g

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 29, 2011
Curious what your outside temp was and how long do you let it sit before sealing it up?
Looks great.

Also one thing I'm still confused on are some people not refrigerating some cheeses after they are sealed?

mr t 59874

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 9, 2011
Curious what your outside temp was and how long do you let it sit before sealing it up?
Looks great.

Also one thing I'm still confused on are some people not refrigerating some cheeses after they are sealed?
You may seal your cheese after smoking to your desired taste as soon as moisture, if any, has dissipated, mainly for cosmetic reasons.

Due to their high moisture content, soft and cream cheeses must be kept refrigerated, but served at room temperature. Hard cheeses may be kept at warmer temps due to their low moisture content.

T

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.