First canadian bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

porked

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Cherry Hill, NJ
This was a first for me, and it actually came out way better than I thought it would. Pic is a little blurry, my camera seems to be losing it.

c91f047c_bacon004.jpg

I can't belive how tasty it is, will have to do a big batch next time. Did a 3 day wet cure for this one, will try a dry cure soon. I am a happy camper.

I can't belive how tasty it is, will have to do a big batch next time. Did a 3 day wet cure for this one, will try a dry cure soon. I am a happy camper.

If you want, try my "Boneless Smoked Pork Chops/Canadian Bacon" step by step, but even if you don't use mine, slice a couple 1/2" or thicker slices for "Boneless Smoked Pork Chops". They're even better that way than sliced thin for CB. Even Mrs Bear loves them, and she hardly likes any smoked stuff!

Bear

I did check that out Bear and will try it. A friend of mine at work gave me the recipe for this batch and it worked. Next time, the Bear way for sure. Funny, was just at Shop Rite, they had 10-12 loins for $1.49. Oh my...

I did check that out Bear and will try it. A friend of mine at work gave me the recipe for this batch and it worked. Next time, the Bear way for sure. Funny, was just at Shop Rite, they had 10-12 loins for $1.49. Oh my...

$1.49 !!!!!!!

I think the cheapest I found in years was $1.79, and that was rare!

They freeze nice, but take a long time to thaw from 0˚.

Just remember to slice some thick ones. Then for a meal, just put a little oil in a hot pan, and get them bubbling on both sides.

You won't believe it!

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.......................!

Bear

Thanks Bear, I will definitely do that. Meanwhile, I'm heading back to see if any of those 1.49 loins are still there.
banana_smiley.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky