First brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Most excellent work there Jim. That brisket looks great.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Well I’m late to the party but saw your pics in svens thread so came looking for your post! Mickey done!

Alrighty Gents, non-gents, and those questioning! Here’s the story…9.5 hours and 250 -ish degrees on the kettle and it was probe tender at 205 degrees IT and 2:30 am. Foil boated it at 170 degrees. So I wrapped it in foil and into a 170 degree oven til noon. Then into a cooler and wrapped in towels.
View attachment 645982
Bark suffered some from the wrapping.
Sliced beautifully. Passed the bend test. And came apart with a gentle tug.
View attachment 645983
Had a pretty little smoke ring and was extremely juicy!
View attachment 645984
Will I do it again? Heck yeah! Family all raved over it and I thought it was pretty good.
Want to thank all you folks on here for the advice, tips, and encouragement you all give.
Jim
Looks pretty darned good to me - I almost don't believe this is your first time! :emoji_thumbsup:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky