first brisket temp concern

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneck1676

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Crest Hill, IL
Doing myfirst Brisket today only been on for a little over an hour and the meat temp reads 133. I repositioned my thermometer and still the same the meat only about 2 2.5 inches thick and the second time I've used the probe. Is this normal our is something screwy. Threat was 44when I put it in

A few questions and we will be able to answer your question a little better.

What are your smoker temps running, what probe are you using?  

Are pretty sure your therms are accurate?  

What type of smoker?

Was this a packer, trimmed flat, did you trim it or bought that way?

I don't think it is impossible to get to that temp in that amount of time, more than likely you will hit a slow down point and maybe even a stall in an hour or two anyway.  

Hope this helps 

Aaron

It was 8 poun
d but I had to cut in half to fit in my smoker. I have a brinkman upright smoker temp about 200. Meat probe is a redi-check remote with single probe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky