• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Brisket a Success

kgo-mb30

Joined Jul 21, 2017
Hey everyone,
I have started using a pellet smoker recently and decided to finally try a brisket for the first time! I feel like it came out great for my first one. I smoked at 225 for 8 hours before wrapping at an internal temp of 161 in the thickest part of the flat. Then let it run wrapped until it hit 206 internal and was like a hot knife through butter probing around it. I feel like it may have been cooked a little too long as parts of the point started falling apart while trying to slice it but all in all a good experience. The smoker used was a pit boss classic pellet smoker.

Attachments

CFLJOHN512

Smoke Blower
Joined May 9, 2020
Looks great man. I’ve got a brisket resting in the cooler now waiting for family to arrive for dinner.

Dr. Dobbins

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 18, 2018
Good job, from the peanut gallery. How’s it taste? My first brisket was a bomb taste was good but dry as the sahara desert.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Looks like you nailed that brisket for your first attempt! Very nicely done.

kgo-mb30

Joined Jul 21, 2017
Thank you guys! I did a lot of reading on here to figure out what I needed to do to make it great! It turned out really tender and juicy but I think it was over done a little bit. On the point it seemed to be pretty hard to slice without it just pulling apart under the weight of the knife. Smoking it at 225 seemed like a good temp but I think it would have been better to pull it out at around 190-195 degrees vs 206.

kgo-mb30

Joined Jul 21, 2017
Good job, from the peanut gallery. How’s it taste? My first brisket was a bomb taste was good but dry as the sahara desert.
The flavor was good and had an ok bark. I think next time I will add more rub to it to help that. It was very juicy but almost think I cooked just a hair too long since the point seemed to fall apart while slicing. I’ll probably pull it off sooner next time but over all a great experience.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Great job on your first try!
It looks delicious!
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.