First Brisket a Success

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kgo-mb30

Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
Alabama
Hey everyone,
I have started using a pellet smoker recently and decided to finally try a brisket for the first time! I feel like it came out great for my first one. I smoked at 225 for 8 hours before wrapping at an internal temp of 161 in the thickest part of the flat. Then let it run wrapped until it hit 206 internal and was like a hot knife through butter probing around it. I feel like it may have been cooked a little too long as parts of the point started falling apart while trying to slice it but all in all a good experience. The smoker used was a pit boss classic pellet smoker.

Attachments

• B46476C9-CCFA-4EDE-93E2-784773573AFD.jpeg
    B46476C9-CCFA-4EDE-93E2-784773573AFD.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 27161C7F-09EC-4FCC-94C0-D6D87BCED515.jpeg
    27161C7F-09EC-4FCC-94C0-D6D87BCED515.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 36
Looks great man. I’ve got a brisket resting in the cooler now waiting for family to arrive for dinner.

Good job, from the peanut gallery. How’s it taste? My first brisket was a bomb taste was good but dry as the sahara desert.

Thank you guys! I did a lot of reading on here to figure out what I needed to do to make it great! It turned out really tender and juicy but I think it was over done a little bit. On the point it seemed to be pretty hard to slice without it just pulling apart under the weight of the knife. Smoking it at 225 seemed like a good temp but I think it would have been better to pull it out at around 190-195 degrees vs 206.

Good job, from the peanut gallery. How’s it taste? My first brisket was a bomb taste was good but dry as the sahara desert.
The flavor was good and had an ok bark. I think next time I will add more rub to it to help that. It was very juicy but almost think I cooked just a hair too long since the point seemed to fall apart while slicing. I’ll probably pull it off sooner next time but over all a great experience.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky