first beef neck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clintconaway

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Indanapolis
hello everyone it has been a while i have been out of comish for a bit but I'm back and what better way to show it than to smoke a nice brisket. From the research I've done I have heard several different finishing temps  from 180 deg - 200 deg what is correct for slicing and does any one have any Good recipes they might share for a good rub ? I have done allot of pork and poultry but i need a good beef rub Thanks to everyone

I like to take my brisket to around 195-200 for slicing. If you get too high of an internal temp it can be inpossible to slice you may have to pull it. Not so much with brisket but with pork butt or chuckies if you take it to 205+ it just falls apart and you won't be able to slice it. Not that that is a bad thing but if you are looking to slice it you will have issues. Most people like to keep it simple with brisket for their rub usually just salt pepper garlic and onion powder will do just fine. 

my apology's gentleman i thought the brisket was from the neck of the cow  chalk that one up to inexperience

<bump>

Both my local Costco and Cash & Carry carry a huge packer of something called a "beef neck roll". It is usually between 15-25 lbs. I imagine it would be okay for pulled beef, but I just wondered if anyone here has done anything else with it before?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky