First beef brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Slow mover

Original poster
Dec 1, 2022
I am smoking a 15 lb or so beef brisket on a Friday. We have a ballgame to go to that night. We have to be at my sons to eat around 1pm on Saturday.

I am thinking of getting the meat (225)to wrapping temp on Friday (160) on my smoker. Then wrapping in tin foil, and putting in my oven at 225 until I get home from the game. Then I put in refrigerator until sat morning , get out and put back in in oven until 205.

does this sound reasonable. Does anyone have suggestions?

If it gets done on Friday (anywhere from 195-205+) you will not need to reheat it to 205 on Saturday to serve. With that time frame, after its probes tender keep it wrapped in a cooler, low oven, roaster etc at around 150 until lunch.

A couple of options.

1. Fully cook the brisket on Friday, put it in the fridge and reheat it on Satuday(best option)
2. Do an overnighter on Friday when you get home from the game and wrap it in foil and towels in a cooler on Saturday when it's done. It will hold for a few hours.

Chris

The oven plan would work, as once you’ve wrapped, heat is heat, regardless of the source. You’re not getting any smoke at that point. I’ve finished several excellent briskets in the oven. My concern would be a completely unmonitored cook. If you’re 100% confident that the internal temp won’t reach 195°+ while you’re gone, you should be ok, but I’d personally rather be around during the latter stage of the cook. Once past the stall, things can speed up in a hurry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky