First Baby Back Smoke!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJHubert

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
With everyone's help my first baby back ribs smoke came out AMAZING! Here's the low down:

I picked up 4 racks, about 3 to 4lbs each. The day before I peeled the membrane and seasoned top and bottom with these seasonings:

1/8 cup salt
1/4 cup white sugar
3 TBSP packed dark brown sugar
1 TBSP ground black pepper
2 TBSP onion powder
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 TBSP chili powder
1 TBSP smoked paprika
1/2 TBSP cumin

Seasoned well and placed them in a foil pan covered for about 24 hours.

The next day I fired up the smoker, heating to 225. I placed pure concentrated apple juice in the water pan, and apple wood chips in the tray.
Smoked them for 3 hours, pulled them and placed them meat side down on butter, brown sugar and some of my seasoning, and poured more apple juice concentrate on the bone, about 1/2 cup. Wrapped in foil and smoked an additional hour. When they finished I pulled them, mopped with sweet baby rays and threw them on a piping hot grill for about 5 minutes then brought them in and served! They were amazing and everyone raved about them. I was even told they were Gordon Ramsey approved

Attachments

• 20180210_174913.jpg
    20180210_174913.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 76
  • 20180210_183049.jpg
    20180210_183049.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: tallbm and SmokinAl
Nicely done!
Your ribs look excellent!
Al
Thanks! I was kind of bummed because one of the foil packets came open and I didn't notice, and it dried them out. Other than that, they were superb!

Your ribs look awfully good from here.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky