First attempt at pork spare ribs....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

id2nv2nj2ca

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Glendora, Ca.
After asking the idiotic question of the day, here are the photos of my first attempt at pork spare ribs.  Smoked in the 2012 MES 40 with Todd Johnsons AMNPS with apple pellets.  On the smoker now are two chickens, one with Jeff's rub and one with Sam's Clubs rotisserie chicken seasoning.  Sorry, forgot to take photos before going in the smoker.

This first one is after Jeff's rub has been applied.

This one is after they came out of the fridge overnite.

This one is after the foiling stage just opening the foil and discovering that the bones are already able to come out clean, which is the way we like it.

This one is fully out of the foil.

Here is what they looked like going back in after the foiling stage.

And here is the finished product.  At this point , all bones have been removed and we now have the best tasting pulled pork we've ever had. :)

Look pretty good from where I'm sittin!

Great job!  So, you really made pulled pork from the ribs?

I took leftover rib meat and made pizzas once!  They were awesome.

Bill

Look pretty good from where I'm sittin!

Great job!  So, you really made pulled pork from the ribs?

I took leftover rib meat and made pizzas once!  They were awesome.

Bill
Thank you!!!  Yeah, I fell asleep during the 2nd step of the 3-2-1 process, and they became very close to mush.  A little more fall off the bone than we like, but still tasty.  On pizza sounds like a great idea, might have to give that a try. 
icon_biggrin.gif

Your ribs look great for the first go. I fell asleep after foiling a shoulder once, so  I know what you went through with the overdoneness. Maxed out a meat thermometer I was using at the time. I caught heck for that one.  

Last edited:
Those look great! I just did my first spare ribs today also(Wish I had read about the 3-2-1 method before hand) mine werent so tender lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky