1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First attempt at an ABT rack

Discussion in 'ABT's' started by un4gvn1, Oct 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Just got finished with this, pretty pleased with how well it came out, so gonna make at least one more. With a max capacity of 20, we all know it's not gonna make enough of 'em! :D

[​IMG]

The large holes are 1 1/16" (the largest the ironworker at work can punch) the small holes are 7/16" for smoke and drainage.

Now to test it out!

motolife313 likes this.
  2. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great job, looking forward to seeing it in action!
    Al

3. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Watching this one. Could sure of use that at the Pa gathering but it would had to be bigger those guys can wolf down some ABT's.

By the way welcome to the forum.

Warren

4. True to form, the second one took less than half the time to build that the first did. I didn't bother taking any pics of the second, as it looks darn near identical to the first.

With just the wife and I to cook for, a couple of 20 place racks should be plenty, unless the extended family gets a taste of 'em. I'll try to start "seasoning" 'em this upcoming weekend (I'll be off Wed-Sat this week).

Thanks for the warm welcome, I think I'm gonna like it here. ;)

5. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Lot of friendly guys and gals on here with tons of info for sure.

Warren

6. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Nice job on the ABT rack, and welcome to the site.

Chris

7. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

UN, Nice looking rack, look forward to seeing it in action!