First attempt at an ABT rack

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

un4gvn1

Original poster
Dec 5, 2014
Junction City, Oregon
Just got finished with this, pretty pleased with how well it came out, so gonna make at least one more. With a max capacity of 20, we all know it's not gonna make enough of 'em! :D

IMG-1316.jpg

The large holes are 1 1/16" (the largest the ironworker at work can punch) the small holes are 7/16" for smoke and drainage.

Now to test it out!

Reactions: motolife313
Watching this one. Could sure of use that at the Pa gathering but it would had to be bigger those guys can wolf down some ABT's.

By the way welcome to the forum.

Warren

True to form, the second one took less than half the time to build that the first did. I didn't bother taking any pics of the second, as it looks darn near identical to the first.

With just the wife and I to cook for, a couple of 20 place racks should be plenty, unless the extended family gets a taste of 'em. I'll try to start "seasoning" 'em this upcoming weekend (I'll be off Wed-Sat this week).

Thanks for the warm welcome, I think I'm gonna like it here. ;)

Nice job on the ABT rack, and welcome to the site.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky