First ABT Run............

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chickenwings

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 10, 2019
Finally got the KJ II! I won't bore you with the issues but there were some but I'll be able to make it work! I've cooked a bit on a Kamado before but this is the first cook on this one and ABT's were up!

Here's the little buggers all cleaned and ready for filling:
IMG_6735.JPG

The Filling: Cream cheese, old cheddar and a bit of rub. The rub started out as Ted Reader's (Thanks Ted) "Bone Dust" but now it's got a bit less cumin, a bit more garlic and I think this batch had a bit of lemon pepper in it.... anyway tasty:
IMG_6736.JPG

Filled and ready for the grill:
IMG_6737.JPG

WAIT! We gotta do the bacon wrap! Thin sliced salt reduced bacon:
IMG_6739.JPG

They hit the grill then at about 225 for somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 hours and 15 minutes. I used cherry wood for the smoke and it was nice. Smoky but not TOO smoky. SWMBO even had one and didn't complain about them being overly smoky!!

The finished product. Pretty darn good if I do say so myself. The bacon is JUST crispy enough..

IMG_6741.JPG

Hahaha well I hope I get better at this too! These were pretty damn good but I think I can do better.................

Reactions: TNJAKE
We started making an abt casserole. Same flavor but easier. I seed and slice the peppers and brown them in a pan for a few minutes. Then mix them in with the normal sausage, cream cheese and cheese filling and put it in a 9x9 casserole dish and into the smoker. So much easier and same taste. Lately I've had to do half with peppers and half without because my wife likes the smokey sausace cheesy goodness but not the peppers.

Reactions: pa42phigh
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky