Firehouse Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 25, 2017
Winchester,Va
It's that time of year for our local volunteer firehouse to have dinners. Looks like I had the night off from cooking, we like to take part in their fundraising events. Next month is roast beast dinner.
The 1/2 small chicken was very good, classic roadside chicken flavor. Ham was thin sliced country ham (too salty).
Their insignia/badge is cool.
1633213134294.png

Looks great!! We get chicken from a few fire department and church cooks around us in the summer. Always tasty.

The Cornell Chicken recipe is often called either State Fair Chicken or Firehouse Chicken because of it's association with fundraisers.

I always liked the fish fry Fridays at churches (and some bars) in Missouri and Kansas..

Reactions: chopsaw
Good looking plate. And $15 for a full belly and a good cause is always good. I also like their patch. The City of Memphis FD has some good looking patches also.
Jim

HAH! I just realized, my title makes people think a gastronomical delight from indaswamp indaswamp is in store. Hope I didn't disappoint too many people.

Thanks for the likes and comments everyone.
Support your local firehouse:emoji_fire_engine:, your life and or property might depend on them! :emoji_thumbsup:

I agree! Support your local firefighters! The guys here use to do a big 4th of July boston butt cook....one year they smoked 650 butts! Sold them @ $30 bucks each....all sold on pre-order. Had about a dozen leftover that people forgot to pick up so we ate them at the firehouse.

These guys are paid professional firemen, so the fundraiser is for the Firefighters Association which pays for coffee at 6 stations, extra boots and gear for the crews...they bought a rescue boat during the flood....Pitched in to get a larger hopper for the ice machine-800#. And a bunch of incidental stuff.....paid for a few recruits training, and bought some stuff for the area volunteer firemen.

I agree! Support your local firefighters! The guys here use to do a big 4th of July boston butt cook....one year they smoked 650 butts! Sold them @ $30 bucks each....all sold on pre-order. Had about a dozen leftover that people forgot to pick up so we ate them at the firehouse.

These guys are paid professional firemen, so the fundraiser is for the Firefighters Association which pays for coffee at 6 stations, extra boots and gear for the crews...they bought a rescue boat during the flood....Pitched in to get a larger hopper for the ice machine-800#. And a bunch of incidental stuff.....paid for a few recruits training, and bought some stuff for the area volunteer firemen.
All the firefighters on Long Island are 100% volunteer but a bunch of them are also FDNY and paramedics that do this in their off time.

That looked pretty incredible! I love firehouse chicken! Always have to support those who protect us and our families!

Reactions: motocrash
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky