Fireboard w/Fan control - first impressions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aucivil

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 2, 2009
N. Alabama
Already had the Smoke w/ Gateway but wanted a fan so I got a Fireboard with fan control cable and fan. Controlling the temp via app with the combined graphs adds a lot of fun to the cook process. Once I got some stuff figured out - the temps held very steady. Little trouble at the end with my charcoal grates getting clogged but that's the cook not the cooker. Still have a lot to learn (new to fans) but this appears to be a good path.

Had some issues getting the Fireboard and my Turbo2 Phone talking via Bluetooth. Fireboard Customer service gets an A+. They worked with me like it mattered and we got it working. FYI - Turn the Location slider on.

Glad to hear it's working so well, I've been tempted to get the fan wire, since I already have a BBQ Guru fan.
Al

Update:
For the first few test I used Kingsford regular. Worked okay but had to keep the grates cleaned out every few hours. Tried some B&B Oak lump and it was flawless. Filled up my SNS and dumped a few hot coals on one end. Dialed it in at 250 and the Fireboard with fan kept it basically flat-lined for 10 hours. Ended the test because it started to rain but there wasn't much coal left anyway.

Screenshot_20171105-162522.png

Dan, looks like it was after his test cook/smoke. Just showing a picture of the graph.

Looks like great temp control with the controller. I'm a big fan of Fireboard, use it for the thermometers. I cook on a pellet so don't really have a use for the fan controller. However I think it pretty cool that the fan controller and 6 probes are rolled into one unit.

Thanks very much for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky