FireBoard Users I need help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikelens

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 17, 2016
Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
To the FireBoard users out there. Using my FB today, suddenly getting high temp alerts well above what I had set. Pellet smoker was holding temp fine. Also getting high readings on meat probes that were way off. Alarm was set for 165 for the bird. Temp read 150 then suddenly alarm would sound showing 180. Seconds later back to normal readings. Now app closed on iPhone , unit turned off & charging but I’m still getting low temp alerts every few minutes. Anyone have an idea what’s going on?

Have you posted this on the FireBoard Facebook group? If not I’d suggest it. I unfortunately don’t know what’s is causing your issue.

Couple things I would look at from another Fireboard fan.
  1. If the battery gets too low, it can sometimes cause the temp probes to give false readings.
  2. Make sure your temp probes are clean as any "gunk" on them can and will affect the readings.
  3. You may have a bad "port". Have you moved the probes to a different port to see if you get the same erroneous readings?
Other than the FB group, that's all I've got.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky