Fireboard 2.0 not working correctly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHiGuy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 24, 2019
Denver, Colorado
Hello all, seeking some input. I have used a Thermoworks Smoke thermometer in the past and have recently (for the last year or so) used a Fireboard 2.0 thermometer. I got the Fireboard because my display on the Smoke went bad when it got some moisture in the unit from rain. The last couple of months I've gotten clearly bad readings from the Fireboard. I have replaced the probes multiple times to no avail... Has anyone else had this issue? The customer support at Fireboard is no help.

Thanks,

MileHiGuy

Hello all, seeking some input. I have used a Thermoworks Smoke thermometer in the past and have recently (for the last year or so) used a Fireboard 2.0 thermometer. I got the Fireboard because my display on the Smoke went bad when it got some moisture in the unit from rain. The last couple of months I've gotten clearly bad readings from the Fireboard. I have replaced the probes multiple times to no avail... Has anyone else had this issue? The customer support at Fireboard is no help.

Thanks,

MileHiGuy

(My first post here). I'm not sure if you got your problem fixed or not. I had a problem with my Fireboard 2.0, contacted Fireboard, sent it in to them, and they determined (for $50) that my Fireboard could not be fixed. They offered me a Certified Used one (for the $50 that I had already paid), and I accepted it. The Certified one works great. BTW, I bought the Fireboard because I use it on a Pizza Oven. I plan on using it on my "yet to bought" Smoker (still researching)...

Regards,
Randy...

(My first post here). I'm not sure if you got your problem fixed or not. I had a problem with my Fireboard 2.0, contacted Fireboard, sent it in to them, and they determined (for $50) that my Fireboard could not be fixed. They offered me a Certified Used one (for the $50 that I had already paid), and I accepted it. The Certified one works great. BTW, I bought the Fireboard because I use it on a Pizza Oven. I plan on using it on my "yet to bought" Smoker (still researching)...

Regards,
Randy...
Hi Randy, welcome to the group from New Mexico.
Sounds like a good deal for $50.
I'd like to see your setup on the Pizza Oven.
So, do you really have a Cobra or is a kit?
Sweet car either way.

Hi Randy, welcome to the group from New Mexico.
Sounds like a good deal for $50.
I'd like to see your setup on the Pizza Oven.
So, do you really have a Cobra or is a kit?
Sweet car either way.
Thanks... I just have pizza oven insert for our natural gas BBQ. I have a 20yo Cobra Replica made by Superformance (not a kit).

Reactions: 02ebz06
Update: I replaced the probes again...not sure how many time I've done that...and my Fireboard 2.0 seems to be providing accurate readings. It's been about 3 months since I replaced the probes. I'm just being really careful with them and making sure they aren't bent or exposed to water, I only clean the probe area with a damp cloth.

Update: I replaced the probes again...not sure how many time I've done that...and my Fireboard 2.0 seems to be providing accurate readings. It's been about 3 months since I replaced the probes. I'm just being really careful with them and making sure they aren't bent or exposed to water, I only clean the probe area with a damp cloth.
Good to hear.

I haven't had one of them go bad in 3 yrs. I clean the metal probes with alcohol pads when done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky