FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
hmmm, I have never tried a finishing sauce, but I guess I will now. I am not much for the vinegary taste of sauce so I am assuming this is just lightly added. I am not sure when I will smoke my next BB, but definitely gonna try this! thanks for the recipe and I didn't know Arizona had beach front property...haha

Hi everyone. Just wanted to make a comment that might make sense to many recipe users. Recipes are just a guide! There are many and varied likes and dislikes, not all our tasters are the same. Whenever you try a new recipe, you should be taste testing it to see how it suits your taste buds. This finishing sauce you can taste by itself, and with a little on some pulled pork as well, before you saturate the whole caboodle with a sauce you don't like! Taste before you waste!

This is a great forum and I have picked up a lot of good pointers from everyone! I pick through, copy, and save everything that looks like it will be helpful to me. I try to get the post # with each post, missed a few.

Some of these sauces sound like they would be good on fried fish!

I smoked a pork but two weeks ago for a friend and my 50th birthdays. Everyone loved it, (Japanese folk don't get to try it much) but I did feel some parts were a bit gamier than others, as you mentioned. I'm definitely going to try this. Writing it down in my note book right now!

Thanks Jeff. Will post a comment after next attempt.

Update: Have used this finishing sauce a few times now and have to say I love it!

Last edited:
It may have been mentioned but if so I missed it how long will these finishing sauces last refrigerated?  TIA

I've made 3 or 4 smoked butts now and haven't stumbled upon finishing sauce until the last couple days.

Really looking forward to an all day smoke this sunday with a 10 lb butt and ending it with this recipe.  I've always loved how it turned out but with so many people raving about this recipe, i gotta try it.

I've made 3 or 4 smoked butts now and haven't stumbled upon finishing sauce until the last couple days.

Really looking forward to an all day smoke this sunday with a 10 lb butt and ending it with this recipe.  I've always loved how it turned out but with so many people raving about this recipe, i gotta try it.
I just got done making my finishing sauce (this recipe with some of my rub added)  and bbq sauce and will be testing it out saturday morning. 

I used this sauce for the first time this weekend. LOVED IT. Thank you for posting it. Did that rub ever get posted?

Last edited:
I tried this and wasn't sure how I would like but I really loved it I will always use when I smoke a butt everyone was talking how good it was next time I will spice up a little more then I did but I highly recommend.

Yum Yum ... did 2 butts yesterday and finished with this sauce. Simply awesome. Thanks!!!

I've used this sauce several times and I absolutely love it. Everyone that has tasted my pork with this sauce has been crazy about it. I have around 30# of pork butts on right now for christmas dinner tomorrow and I'm making the sauce right now. Had a little temperature spike a couple hours ago while I was out shopping. Came home to find my smoker roaring along at about 260. Got it cooled down and hoping for the best.

Thanks to all those that post here. I've certainly learned a lot just by lurking around. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky