FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I tried this finishing sauce on a Boston Butt last Sunday. My wife's reaction to trying it was so overwhelming that I thought she was lying (to make me feel good) until my son tried it and said it was the best pulled pork he had ever had. When I finally gave it a shot it was AWESOME. Thanks for posting it!

Love that Tony Chachere's seasoning. I'd like to try this finishing sauce on ribs, as well as pulled pork. Thanks for posting Jeff.

I would like to try this with a pork butt I am gonna smoke tomorrow I tried to pull some pork butt with some bear claws and it was very hard to do what is the recomended temperture for pulling pork

I would like to try this with a pork butt I am gonna smoke tomorrow I tried to pull some pork butt with some bear claws and it was very hard to do what is the recomended temperture for pulling pork
Most pull it at 200, wrap it up and let rest an hour or two.

Quick question..... how many pounds of PP does this recipe cover?  Is this a standard amount that you would use for a 8-9 lbs pork butt?

Thanks Jeff tried it on my first pulled pork boston butt I'm a star now :) Everyone loved it warmed up to melt the sugar went to take a big whif wow it took my breath away lol I live little south of you is there any throw downs in So Fl the one up north fl so far away

Finally did my first butt on the smoker.  I've only been smoking meat for right about one year and never done a pork butt.  Also, being from South Texas, not a fan of things with a vinegar base.  I made this sauce just like the directions called for but doubled it.  Took my goodies to our friends house and fed six people.  Wow, if you have not made this "special sauce", make it and try it.  It's awesome.  I'm not even a fan of vinegar but wow, this is some good stuff.Thanks to the OP for posting this.

I liked it alot I think next time I will cut the vineagar to 1/2 what is called for just my taste
Try my version. Lots less vinegar and delicious...The celery seed gives it a nice flavor...
439.gif

Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to let you know your post was well worth it! My entire family and myself thoroughly enjoyed our pulled pork after an 11 hour smoke. Delicious my good sir!!

I'm not a big fan of vinegar , cole slaw or BBQ sauce (in general). I do inject though.

I just pull the pork and pour the juices from the foil over it. "On to a bun and done" for me.

Love the finishing sauce I just pourd it all on my oulled pork butt and I have tryed it with out it but everybody seems to think its better not sure if I was suppose to use all the sauce or just put a little and let people put there own on?

I am going to give this a shot for the kids birthday party. Do you let the sauce cool before applying to the freshly pulled pork? Also you just generously spread and mix in the pulled pork once it's shredded ? Sounds awesome can't wait to try

I'd make the sauce ahead of time and let it sit, melding the flavors together.  Eastern NC bbq sauce is a very similar sauce,  i make mine a week ahead and sit it on the counter. At least once a day i'll go by and give it a good shake.  Just about any NC BBQ joint you go into will have this type sauce on the table at room temp. to add to your pork if you want it. The flavor gets better with age.

How long will this sauce keep?  I made some at Easter and have half-a-bottle left, which has been sitting in the fridge ever since.  Think it's still good enough to use?

Most pull it at 200, wrap it up and let rest an hour or two.

Quick question..... how many pounds of PP does this recipe cover?  Is this a standard amount that you would use for a 8-9 lbs pork butt?
Did you ever get an answer to your question? I was wondering the same thing. I cooked 2 - 10lb butts a couple of weeks ago and used about 1 1/2 times the recipe. Turned out pretty good.

Thanks

GEO

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky