Fine tuning Mypin PID T-Series Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok this is the info I needed last night. So I set my P-0 but it over shoots now so I need to change it to P-1 to get it tighter? I want this to hold as tight as possible to 99.5°. After I changed the setting like you said it shot the temp up to 102°
Try p=10 down to p=1. It depends on volume of air your heating and air coming in and going out. Set I=0 and D=0. And see if it starts blinking 10 degrees below your set point.Try p=10 and see what it does. It should stay on full power till ten degrees below your set point and then blink the last 10 degrees and have less on blinks as it closes in. It is low over shoot.

Right now I have
p-1
I-default (100)
D-30 and it’s holding ok. I’m going to try auto tune unless you think that’s not what I should do.

If needed right away.. call Auber support.. they should be able to get you going by phone (much quicker).. rather than wait on reply's here... just thinking out loud ...

If needed right away.. call Auber support.. they should be able to get you going by phone (much quicker).. rather than wait on reply's here... just thinking out loud ...
Right. I did that all ready but they were closed already

Try p=10 down to p=1. It depends on volume of air your heating and air coming in and going out. Set I=0 and D=0. And see if it starts blinking 10 degrees below your set point.Try p=10 and see what it does. It should stay on full power till ten degrees below your set point and then blink the last 10 degrees and have less on blinks as it closes in. It is low over shoot.
Ok so when it’s in auto tune now and it drops below the set temp the light doesn’t flash. It’s 2* below the set temp at the moment and it hasn’t kicked the heat on yet. What setting is that? Is that the D setting? There’s not a lot of air coming in or going out. 1/2 hole on one side and 1/2” on other side with a fan blowing air in through it. Both holes have tape over 1/2 of the hole

Last edited:
So right no I have it set like this
P-9.5
I-0
D-0
It starts to heat at 99.3 and Shuts off at 100.6. That’s hotter than I want. I need it to stay 99.5. I know it can do it I just don’t know which setting to change.

Ok so when it’s in auto tune now and it drops below the set temp the light doesn’t flash. It’s 2* below the set temp at the moment and it hasn’t kicked the heat on yet. What setting is that? Is that the D setting? There’s not a lot of air coming in or going out. 1/2 hole on one side and 1/2” on other side with a fan blowing air in through it. Both holes have tape over 1/2 of the hole

My bad.. I must have read this wrong ...

Try p-4, I-0, D-40. I did autotune and the factory default but it didn't work for me. I just had to play with it. Auber sent me the setting above for slow response cookers for no/low over shoot and it holds a water bath to the degree but air? Give it a shot and make a journal.

Try p-4, I-0, D-40. I did autotune and the factory default but it didn't work for me. I just had to play with it. Auber sent me the setting above for slow response cookers for no/low over shoot and it holds a water bath to the degree but air? Give it a shot and make a journal.
I have it in auto tune right now and the temp has dropped all the way to 90* and hasn’t fired my heater one time with the settings I have in my above post. I will try yours now.
My I- only goes to 0002 not 0

So now that I have the the auto tune going to the settings that you posted the temp has dipped to 93.7 as of now and the out put light flashes every 1 second but he temp is still dropping. I have never had a problem as big as this one with my smoker pid. What’s going on? It shouldn’t dip that low I don’t think. My smoker pid doesn’t do that in auto tune.

I'm sure our parameters are different for our different PID's. The chart Auber sent me said to divide the P column by 10 to get my model parameters compared to the Bradley smoker model. I was instructed in the manual to write down my factory settings then autotune at your set temp. It will heat up and coast past then fall below the set point to a few times to learn the heater and chamber and over write the default or any manual settings before the autotune. Then write those down because thats your current setting after the autotune until you autotune again or manually enter the parameters. I autotuned my smoker twice and got the same parameters and the smoker would come out of full output and start blinking way before my set point. I waited 15 minutes for it to climb a few degrees and said no way same with default setting. Time for me to manually set.

I don't know how big of a chamber you have and how close to the heater the sensor is. Maybe if the sensor is closer to the heat source that may reduce over shoots. Auber needs to get involved.

So now that I have the the auto tune going to the settings that you posted the temp has dipped to 93.7 as of now and the out put light flashes every 1 second but he temp is still dropping. I have never had a problem as big as this one with my smoker pid. What’s going on? It shouldn’t dip that low I don’t think. My smoker pid doesn’t do that in auto tune.

This really sounds like you have the PID set to cool rather than heat mode. In cool mode it triggers the process when the process temp is "above" the set point. Heat mode is the exact opposite and what you want (heats when the temp falls below set point). Double check the configuration.

This really sounds like you have the PID set to cool rather than heat mode. In cool mode it triggers the process when the process temp is "above" the set point. Heat mode is the exact opposite and what you want (heats when the temp falls below set point). Double check the configuration.
No that was not it. There was one setting I had to increase the value by one number or something like that I can’t remember I changed a couple things and it works now. On my Other PID I had to hold the set button for the auto tune and for some reason I thought I had to do the same thing with this one when in fact I had to hold the over arrow down instead. By holding the button on this controller it put it in manual mode of some sort so that was one problem. It is now working. I think you for all the help and I really wish I could remember what all I changed

If you are satisfied with how it is working, after the eggs are finished, I would step through each of the menu settings and write down the values to keep in a log. That way, you can always get back to one configuration that you know works if you decide to try and tweak it a little more later. But if it is working now I would not change a thing while you have eggs in the system.

Glad to hear it is working. I think once you get it set like you want it, you will probably never have to do anything to the Auber components and it will be rock solid stable.

If you are satisfied with how it is working, after the eggs are finished, I would step through each of the menu settings and write down the values to keep in a log. That way, you can always get back to one configuration that you know works if you decide to try and tweak it a little more later. But if it is working now I would not change a thing while you have eggs in the system.

Glad to hear it is working. I think once you get it set like you want it, you will probably never have to do anything to the Auber components and it will be rock solid stable.
I do notice that it does overshoot by 1 1/2° Once I open it So I may have to call them and see which setting I need to change

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky