finding a good brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fwsmoker

Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
fort worth,tx
i think i posted this in the wrong spot the first time sorry not uused to forum yet. Where is the best place to buy briskets to smoke and does choice grade make a big difference over select

I buy my briskets at a local resteraunt supply store called Cash & Carry, the usually have it for about $1.79 a lb., full backer in a cryovac bag. I just look for one that doesn't have to much fat cap.

usually the price difference in choice and select is not big enough to make me buy the lower grade meat. Allway buy the best grade you can afford.

icon_cool.gif

I have a restaurant depot near me and a Sam's and then Wally world too. So any of those are good places to buy your briskets. Just make sure that you are getting what you want. Either a full packer or a flat, it should be labeled that way too.

I would start with a full packer that has a nice fat cap on it. It will be more foregiving than a flat with little to no fat cap on it. If for some reason your first one doesn't get as tender as you want you can either toss it in a crockpot with the drippings, or a covered foil pan in a low oven, for a couple of hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky