finding a 9mm cork for a cooler

  • Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.


Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
get5ting ready for the gathering i noticed one of my ancient cools was leaking profusely where i had plagged it with n old whittled cork. We ned all our coolers for the trip this weekend so on my weely trip to lowes I ytacked down an assosciate and asked wheere can i find a 9mm rubber stopper or cork in the fastener aisle.
He asked, "you need exactly 9mm?" so i showed him this:

IMG_4856.JPG IMG_4856.JPG
Lowes should have all sizes of rubber and cork .
Or just pop off a round and use the casing and silicone to make your own . Lol .
  • Like
Reactions: fxsales1959
It looks like you have a 9 mm cork, and a fine conversation starter as well. Maybe swap it for a fired case, and you could trim it with a hacksaw if you don’t want your ‘cork’ to protrude so far.
Use a rubber cork. Harbor junk sells a small kit with various sizes. I lost caps to gas cans I used for motorcycle racing,
and I use them...still after 20yrs. No issues.

Also type in 9mm cork into eBay. Lots pulled up. is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.