• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Finally.....we have bark sighting...

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I have been dissatisfied with the bark on my ribs. Yesterday, I used Jeff's rib rub for the first time. I rubbed the ribs with oil instead of mustard. I am much happier. 4 hours on BGE at about 200. One hour in foil. Rested in fridge overnight. Finished with a glaze this evening.....last pic only shows two slabs.....d..n things have a way of disappearing around here. 

I am definitely going to have to build something bigger though. I love the Egg, but I cant cook whole slabs on it without burning the ends of them. I am thinking an insulated vertical about 30 inches wide.....

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
they look very good yummy

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Nice job! Keep us posted if you decide on the new smoker.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
those look awesome..nice color.great bark....dang now i want ribs!!!

masonman1345

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 7, 2010
Hey, great look. I wish one would have dissapeared over here, but anyway. First good move on loosing the mustard. I use a nice coat of extra virgin olive oil on everything. Next, wrap the ends of your ribs with foil that will solve you problem.

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Very nice. Those look real tasty.

I have a medium BGE and could never get it to hold temp under 275. Tried for years.

Bought an electric. Problem solved.  BGE is happy and so am I.

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 17, 2010
I get better bark with mustard personally. The bark has more to do with the sugar content of your rub.

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I hear what you are saying. I am doing the next ones with mustard, even though I am pretty happy with these. " I got's to know".

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
NICE

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Man oh Man those ribs look out of this world. If you were after some bark on ribs you sure found it alright.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.