Finally tried my first Brisket smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pm0084

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 30, 2016
Fredericksburg VA
After a few smokes under my belt now, I decided to drop some $ on a brisket...definitely was not cheap, but I needed to make the jump and build some more smoking confidence.

I ended up with 7lb Costco flat

Trimmed and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a bit of chile powder.

Hit it with some Oak at 245 degrees.
Wraped at 165 IT and pulled at 197 IT.
Toothpick slid in just like butter...

Looked great and tasted better...some even said it was the best brisket they ever had....I hoped for some left overs...but no luck, everything was gone.

You know you did good when you had no leftovers. Great looking smoke. Nice choice on seasoning. Keep it simple. What are you doing next?
Jason

You know you did good when you had no leftovers. Great looking smoke. Nice choice on seasoning. Keep it simple. What are you doing next?
Jason
Plan on a smoked meatloaf for the weekend, and then a big test with a whole Turkey next week.

I have been reading up on Turkey's so I should be ready.

Looks great, I am hoping my brisket smoking today will look as good
drool.gif

Nice Job, and Congrats on your first Brisket.

Next one try a whole packer, and save yourself a chunk before its all gone,    
icon14.gif

points1.png

Gary

Hey guys & gals....First of all I'd like to say thanks to all of you for your tips, tricks & recipes. I've had my Dyna-Glo propane smoker for a little over a year now and almost all of my experiments have been a huge success thanks to many of you! Today I am smoking a 7lb butcher cut & trimmed brisket flat. This thing is a beauty and I wanted to share. I injected using a butter, V8 and beef broth. The rub is a coffee based rub. I'll post some updates once she's done.
Well everyone.....the end result was pure perfection! This rub is so flavorful but doesn't lose the beef flavor. Here is the end result.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky