FINALLY ordered my meat grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billm75

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
I had posted on here nearly a year ago that I was looking to get a meat grinder, and then life got in the way.  Finally, FINALLY, I've ordered the electric meat grinder from Harbor Freight.  A few others on here recommended it and said they had good luck with this unit, so I'm real excited to receive it next week and start grinding up some meats.

The main purpose is to make ground beef.  I'm tired of paying nearly $18 for 4lbs of ground beef.  However, since it comes with the sausage stuffing tubes and such, I plan to try some sausages as well.

Probably just fresh sausage to start with, italian, breakfast, etc.  I'd like to do some true smoked sausage and even a summer sausage eventually, but I'm not going to rush into anything just yet.  I'm going to have to figure out how to get my temps down low enough to do smoked sausages before I commit to making them.  With my charbroil silver smoker, I'm not sure I can do that consistently.  But I do plan to try.

Get ready for a bunch of questions as I get into the sausage making, I hope I don't wear out my welcome.  LOL

Congrats you are about to have a whole new addiction
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky