FINALLY GOT MY WINDWOOD!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Humo18

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
Near St. Charles Missouri
Well, finally got a CamChef Windwood smoker. And lo and behold, immediately the temps dropped and it has been snowing for several days! So it's sitting all assembled and ready to go in my garage. By the way, for Christmas they dropped the price by $100.

It came with a free spatula, smoker cover and a bag of competition blend pellets. Great packing ans assembly was easy enough without help (had someone help me stand it up after assembling legs). I was impressed with the quality of the smoker and can't wait to start smoking some ribs and pork butt. Now if the weather would just cooperate....

Reactions: SonnyE
Congratulations on the new smoker, can't wait to see it in use. Temps were in the teens this morning, but they'll get up to the low 20's by this afternoon. Time to fire up the smoker.

Chris

Yep, chomping at the bit to get going. As soon as I get something cooking I'll share pics and results.
Kruizer, doesn't the garage get full of smoke?? My driveway is at an incline and still waiting for the deck people to come out and build one so right now the garage is the only level floor I have.

I just ordered mine today. It's the Woodwind SG with Sear Box. I took advantage of the discountand I can't wait for it to get here. That's cool that they put some freebies in there too.

Congratulations!
The smoke will find it's way out when the big door is open. If you have a fan, you could position it to help move the smoke out.
Go ahead and fire that Muther up! Make everybody in smelling distance jealous.
And big smiles on your face!

Don't forget your Safety Gear!
Apron, BBQ gloves, Fire extinguisher, Ice Cold Beer...

SonnyE, as soon as it quits snowing I'm gonna have to fire it up. I'll try the fan blowing the smoke out the garage door. My neighbor next door smokes on his BGE and shared with us a sample of his smoked turkey on Thanksgiving, it was the best ever. I'm sure he'll smell the smoke goodness. I'll let you know how it went (haven't even done the initial burn-in!)

My new Woodwind SG arrived today. It was easy to set up and I can't wait to fire it up and do a brisket. The quality is very nice. The box was beat up but everything was in great shape. I was only missing one nut that holds the upper shelf brackets on.

Well, finally got a CamChef Windwood smoker. And lo and behold, immediately the temps dropped and it has been snowing for several days! So it's sitting all assembled and ready to go in my garage. By the way, for Christmas they dropped the price by $100.

It came with a free spatula, smoker cover and a bag of competition blend pellets. Great packing ans assembly was easy enough without help (had someone help me stand it up after assembling legs). I was impressed with the quality of the smoker and can't wait to start smoking some ribs and pork butt. Now if the weather would just cooperate....

I just got mine too. I see you're located near me so I was wondering where you got yours. I got mine at the St. Louis BBQ store in Affton. I was just planning on looking at one but ended purchasing because they had them $150 off. I even got the sear box. If you haven't checked out their store, you should. They have just about everything you could want and the prices are fair. Have fun with your new Camp Chef.

Hi sgt69, congrats!! I got mine directly from Camp Chef and it came with a cover, spatula, Sear Box, 20 lb bag of pellets. I think I've been to that store and it was pretty awesome. Eye candy for anyone into grilling and smoking! I just got a total knee replacement and as soon as I am able (probably 3 weeks?) I need to get my smoker out to the deck and burn it in!!

Congrats Humo!!!
How much Snow you got down there by now?
We've been lucky so far, only one real snow this year.
Can't wait to see some Meat out of that thing!!!
"Windwood"---Can you play music with it too???
Oh wait---That would be "Woodwind".

Bear

We got about 6" about a month ago and it just started snowing here; they are talking about 6" to 9"+ through tomorrow. We haven't t had much snow so far and pretty decent temps.

You can't play music with this contraption, but on a windy day when the wind blows through the smoker you can faintly hear a sorta whistling sound that sorta resembles the tune "On Top Of Old Smokey":emoji_sunglasses:

Humo , who did your knee ? I'm goin to a guy at St. Charles orthopedics . I need both done , just need to heal up enough so he can start sawin .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky