1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

FINALLY GOT MY WINDWOOD!

Discussion in '5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse' started by Humo18, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Well, finally got a CamChef Windwood smoker. And lo and behold, immediately the temps dropped and it has been snowing for several days! So it's sitting all assembled and ready to go in my garage. By the way, for Christmas they dropped the price by $100.

It came with a free spatula, smoker cover and a bag of competition blend pellets. Great packing ans assembly was easy enough without help (had someone help me stand it up after assembling legs). I was impressed with the quality of the smoker and can't wait to start smoking some ribs and pork butt. Now if the weather would just cooperate....

SonnyE likes this.
  2. kruizer

kruizer Smoking Fanatic

Congrats on your new Camp Chef Woodwind. I got mine last March and used it iin the garage with the doors open. It was cold weather but it worked just fine. First smoke was a couple of racks of ribs. Yum Yum!!!

3. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru

Congratulations on the new smoker, can't wait to see it in use. Temps were in the teens this morning, but they'll get up to the low 20's by this afternoon. Time to fire up the smoker.

Chris

4. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Man what a let down new toy and can't play. Hoping you get to use it soon.

Warren

5. Yep, chomping at the bit to get going. As soon as I get something cooking I'll share pics and results.
    Kruizer, doesn't the garage get full of smoke?? My driveway is at an incline and still waiting for the deck people to come out and build one so right now the garage is the only level floor I have.

6. Forgot to mention, got the Windwood now because it's reduced by $100 for Xmas.

7. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

:emoji_thumbsup:

8. I just ordered mine today. It's the Woodwind SG with Sear Box. I took advantage of the discountand I can't wait for it to get here. That's cool that they put some freebies in there too.

9. Hey, Merry Christmas shinny, enjoy your new toy let us know how it worked out and what you smoked.

10. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Congratulations!
    The smoke will find it's way out when the big door is open. If you have a fan, you could position it to help move the smoke out.
    Go ahead and fire that Muther up! Make everybody in smelling distance jealous.
    And big smiles on your face!

Don't forget your Safety Gear!
    Apron, BBQ gloves, Fire extinguisher, Ice Cold Beer...

11. SonnyE, as soon as it quits snowing I'm gonna have to fire it up. I'll try the fan blowing the smoke out the garage door. My neighbor next door smokes on his BGE and shared with us a sample of his smoked turkey on Thanksgiving, it was the best ever. I'm sure he'll smell the smoke goodness. I'll let you know how it went (haven't even done the initial burn-in!)

12. My new Woodwind SG arrived today. It was easy to set up and I can't wait to fire it up and do a brisket. The quality is very nice. The box was beat up but everything was in great shape. I was only missing one nut that holds the upper shelf brackets on.

13. Great, enjoy your Windwood SG!! Let us know if you smoke your brisket how it went.

14. It's here and I love it. I broke it in with simple reverse seared burgers. Now I'm off to find a full packer for the weekend.