FINALLY getting my build going. Trailer 100gal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like your hinges. That's something I went simple on. After seeing what you did, gives me ideas of building fancy hinges and upgrade mine. Can't wait to see finished product

Thanks guys! Appreciate that!

Still grinding away, few weeks out of town for work had slowed me a bit.

Did a few small things. Made brackets for my CC handle. Mounted the CC door to its hinges
I've ungraded my shop a little with a cutting torch (finally) so I cut some 1/2" plate for my RF plate. I'll save my big sheet of 3/8 for another project.

Engine hoist proves very useful for fitting the plate!

IMG_8807.JPG

Not sure if anyone's tried this before, but to ease the smoke and hot air turning past the end of the RF plate I used a piece of 2.5" round tube.

I'm hoping it will help curve the airflow around the plate and smooth flow out.
IMG_8871.JPG

Been working on my plenum.
Wanting it curved, I got a lot of the 1/4" plate curved by hand with a ball peen and a channel. The final curve I bolted it to the floor and bent it over a pipe flange.

IMG_8819.JPG

Tying the lever back to my truck to add a little heat turned it into s giant mousetrap! I was cautious of working around it!

IMG_8821.JPG

Worked
IMG_8823.JPG

Top cut for the pipe flange exaust stack connection

IMG_8822.JPG

Missed a few photo opps, but built the plenum, and then tapered it to be smaller on the lower side

Drilled the bolt pattern in the top and a ring flange I made and welded to the 6" stainless pipe.

Green hitli laser for fitting and levelling ;)

IMG_8864.JPG

IMG_8866.JPG

Reactions: damascusmaker
Plenum looks great, as will that stainless chimney. Nice work. You're luck you got away with tying the level to the back of your truck. Its something from the Darwin awards. Lol.

Really awesome build, thanks for sharing with us. I too love the hinges, very innovative, along with the bolt heads on the lid !!! As a former welder and fabricator I know how much work it takes to build one of these puppies. Can't wait to see it fired up and cooking !!!

Thanks guys. I'll admit a few periods of regret having gone down a path for looks and locked myself into a lot of work.

But being able to always look at this and smile and not wish I'd have done it differently ileill be worth it.

Had some other work to do in the shop last night. But was able to do a little.

I got my wrapped stainless cable handle mounted.

IMG_8883.JPG

All this humidity lately. Everything I've cleaned up is surface rusting.

I might excelerate stripping and getting some paint on her.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky