Finally diving in!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lotgod

Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
Howdy all!

So...I just picked up a Masterbuilt Pro Charcoal & Propane smoker from HD.  Finished seasoning her up last night.  Everything looks good so far, but I am seeing all the same issues that I saw on here when researching it.  Smoke coming out of the door gaps, not enough control of propane flow, and the wood chip pan directly on the burner causing the wood chips to ignite and burn way too quickly.  I'll be addressing all of those problems, so I hope I can start to make delicious smoked foods soon!

I also recently bought a 20 year old natural gas Weber grill, and I have an additional natural gas hookup on the porch, so I'll probably converting the Masterbuilt to NG at some point down the road.

I look forward to all of the collective knowledge here!!!

-Aaron

Great having you...the collective knowledge on this forum will have you smoking great food in no time.
Plenty of proven mods for your unit on here that'll help shorten your learning curve.
Happy smoking.

Walt.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky