Finally (almost) ready for my first smoke.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

THW

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 2, 2018
Indiana
Well, I finally got my stuff delivered today so maybe I can get my first smoke in if we get a warm(er) day in the near future. I have had my new MES 30" in for a while now but was waiting on the meat thermometer I had ordered. It arrived in Indianapolis last Thursday. Then we got snowed on so it could not be delivered on Saturday. Sunday offers no deliveries and Monday was a Holiday. Then we got more snow. It was by the tracking number on the truck three day and the driver did not want to come up my long driveway, which crosses the levee for my lake. The school busses were going, the post office was delivering mail but I was hearing nothing from the (Un-named) carrier. I finally called in and complained and told them to just drop it off at the gate. Or, just follow my truck tracks since I had been to town three times.

Well it got here today. A Thermoworks Smoke, a Thermopop some grill gloves. I have the Ribs in the fridge. I have to go to Tennessee on Friday for the day but I al ready for my first decent weather opportunity.

I have watched so many youtube videos and asked enough questions that I have my plan down pat.

Thanks everyone for adding the info that answered my questions.
Tom

When it's ready to bring in ,if you take a taste ,you'll be tempted to eat it all out side LOL. HOPE it goes well . Keep in mind the shoulders and rumps will get to a temp where they might stay there a while, be patient, the temp it will start to go up again until it reaches 160 or where you want it .

Thanks Meatman, I have read about the stall and know to just wait it out. I will get several smokes in this summer and by next winter plan to have a place where I can comfortably do some smoking when the weather is not cooperating like it has been the last couple of weeks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky