Filetto baciato, Capocollo, Panchetta and Costolette...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dernektambura

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario...
next batch is on its way.....
In a long time I didn't make filetto baciato ( pork tenderloin wrapped in sausage mix and dry smoke cured... I'll post pics as it goes... it will take about 2 month from start to finish..
Right now all meat in standard vacuum pack bags for about 5 - 6 days...
20190308_124251.jpg

20190308_140221.jpg

DESALINATION..
20190312_195414.jpg

Last edited:
It is basically four step cold smoke - dry cure process...Tenderloin is first cured for about 10 days ( standard cure #2 recipe), then wrapped (rolled) in 3/8" tick layer of sausage meat mix (also standard cure #2 recipe), then rolled in collagen sheet and stuffed in butcher net....then cold smoked at below 40F for about 5 days (3 - 4 hrs daily) and dry cured for about month to month and a half...

Reactions: 73saint
It is basically four step cold smoke - dry cure process...Tenderloin is first cured for about 10 days ( standard cure #2 recipe), then wrapped (rolled) in 3/8" tick layer of sausage meat mix (also standard cure #2 recipe), then rolled in collagen sheet and stuffed in butcher net....then cold smoked at below 40F for about 5 days (3 - 4 hrs daily) and dry cured for about month to month and a half...
I'm in! Do post the recipe please, I would like to see it. Oh-and lots of pics!

I'm in! Do post the recipe please, I would like to see it. Oh-and lots of pics!
I will separate each of four recipes to its own post as it goes...Copacolla is standard so not much there to see that other members didn't post already but other three are very interesting to make....pork belly will be rolled to make panchetta and pork ribs will be smoked with additional recipe for pork ribs with beans in Romertopf glazed clay cooker over charcoal bbq...

UPDATE: MARCH 13

After desalination and dripping phase, filettos baciatto, Capocollos and pancheta wrapped in collagen sheets and stuffed in butcher net... moved to smoke house to cold smoke below 40F...

20190313_132450.jpg

Very nice. I see some sausage hanging and alot of wine bottles.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky